TEAM GB FAMILY ACTIVITY TRAILS
Withernsea Trails – Signpost 15
Team GB Activity
How far can you jump?
The long jump is a well-known Olympic athletic event, and is easy to try out yourself!
Create your line
- Create a line where you will be jumping from and mark it with an item you have on you.
- Then all you have to do is run up to the line and jump as far as you can.
Measure your distance
- Get someone to mark your jump.
- In the Olympics, this is marked at the furthest back part of your body to touch the ground (e.g., it could be the back of your foot).
Compare your distance
- If you’ve got a tape measure on you, see if you can compare your distance to animals and athletes below:
- Did you know, the men’s World Record long jump is 8.95m (Mike Powell in 1991), and the women’s World Record is 7.52m (Galina Christyakova in 1988)!
Who in your group can jump the furthest?
Unlock your achievement badge
Great Britain and Hungary are the countries with the most men’s football Olympic gold medals (3 each), with the USA being the most successful country for women’s Olympic football with 4 gold medals.
Congratulations, you just earned a badge!
Share your achievement badge on social media using the hashtag #TeamGBActivityTrail
Give me more information!
Looking for an extra challenge?
Next time you come to the park, make sure to bring along a ball and try the volleyball challenges in this video!
Don’t forget to check out Team GB’s ‘Get Set’ website for more activities!
Updates and Feedback
Click the link below to keep up-to-date about the Team GB Family Activity Trails, including future opportunities to get involved with the trails.
Already tried out the trails? Click the button below to give your feedback. All survey entries will be entered into a prize draw to win Team GB merchandise! Each time you walk the trails and complete the survey, you will get an additional entry to the prize draw.
Have any questions? Send an email to the lead researcher:
The University of Hull and Team GB Partnership
The partnership between the University of Hull and Team GB is based on the belief that everyone is extraordinary, and, we are there to support our students to help them find it, the same as Team GB supports athletes to do the same. We believe that extraordinary doesn’t just happen – it takes hard work and determination with the right opportunities to achieve what they never thought was possible.
Using the exclusive opportunities, we have as part of our partnership has enabled us to inspire our students, staff and community to achieve their own extraordinary.