TEAM GB FAMILY ACTIVITY TRAILS
Withernsea Trails – Signpost 2
Team GB Activity
Who can hold onto their gold medal the longest?
Protect the Gold Medal
Every athlete wants to win a gold medal – in this challenge, you need to protect your medal!
- 1 person will be the athlete and needs to choose an object you have with you to be your gold medal.
- Put the ‘medal’ on the floor in front of your feet.
- Then, everyone else in the group will work to try and grab the medal.
- To stop the others from grabbing the medal, the athlete will try to tap everyone else.
- If you get tapped, you have to take 5 steps back and do 5 star jumps before you can try and get the medal again!
- Whoever is successful in taking the medal becomes the new athlete!
If you want an extra challenge – change up the exercises that people have to do when they get tapped!
This activity was suggested by students from Stepney Primary School.
Unlock your achievement badge
Did you know, surfing made its debut at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and is being featured at the 2024 Paris Games! 5 judges score the tricks surfers perform on the waves.
Congratulations, you just earned a badge!
Share your achievement badge on social media using the hashtag #TeamGBActivityTrail
Updates and Feedback
Click the link below to keep up-to-date about the Team GB Family Activity Trails, including future opportunities to get involved with the trails.
Already tried out the trails? Click the button below to give your feedback. All survey entries will be entered into a prize draw to win Team GB merchandise! Each time you walk the trails and complete the survey, you will get an additional entry to the prize draw.
Have any questions? Send an email to the lead researcher:
The University of Hull and Team GB Partnership
The partnership between the University of Hull and Team GB is based on the belief that everyone is extraordinary, and, we are there to support our students to help them find it, the same as Team GB supports athletes to do the same. We believe that extraordinary doesn’t just happen – it takes hard work and determination with the right opportunities to achieve what they never thought was possible.
Using the exclusive opportunities, we have as part of our partnership has enabled us to inspire our students, staff and community to achieve their own extraordinary.