TEAM GB FAMILY ACTIVITY TRAILS
Withernsea Trails – Signpost 4
Team GB Activity
Try out this new Olympic sport!
Sport climbing is a new sport in the Olympics, and this is a great time to test out your skills!
We’ve got a couple of challenges for you to try out:
Challenge 1 – Floor climbing
- Use whatever you have on you as markers and scatter these on the floor, making sure they are still close together.
- Now, see if you can move between them, making sure to keep your hands and feet on the markers.
- Then, try and move between the markers making sure to avoid touching the markers with your hands or feet.
- Not got anything on you to create markers? No worries! Get someone in your group to point to different spots to put your hands and feet. They can make it as challenging or easy as they want!
- Check out this video for help!
Challenge 2 – Post climbing
- If you’ve completed floor climbing, have a go with some climbing off the floor!
- Look out for the vertical wooden posts in the park – see if you can move between the posts by standing and holding onto the green, orange, and yellow grips.
- Make sure you’ve got someone ready to help you if needed!
Which was your favourite climbing challenge?
Unlock your achievement badge
There are 3 sport climbing events:
(1) Bouldering: Climbing up a 4.5m wall without ropes.
(2) Lead: Climbing up a 15m wall (with a rope) without having seen the route before.
(3) Speed: Climbing up a 15m (with a rope) as quickly as possible.
Congratulations, you just earned a badge!
Share your achievement badge on social media using the hashtag #TeamGBActivityTrail
Give me more information!
Want to try out another challenge?
If you’re enjoying the exercise challenges so far, why not try this challenging circuit exercise from Team GB 400m runner Laviai Nielson?
You can do this on your walk or when you get home!
For more challenges like this one, explore Team GB’s ‘Get Set’ website!
Updates and Feedback
Click the link below to keep up-to-date about the Team GB Family Activity Trails, including the launch event and future opportunities to get involved with the trails.
Already tried out the trails? Click the button below to give your feedback. All survey entries before August 31st will be entered into a prize draw to win Team GB merchandise or a family ticket to The Deep! Each time you walk the trails and complete the survey, you will get an additional entry to the prize draw.
Have any questions? Send an email to the lead researcher:
The University of Hull and Team GB Partnership
The partnership between the University of Hull and Team GB is based on the belief that everyone is extraordinary, and, we are there to support our students to help them find it, the same as Team GB supports athletes to do the same. We believe that extraordinary doesn’t just happen – it takes hard work and determination with the right opportunities to achieve what they never thought was possible.
Using the exclusive opportunities, we have as part of our partnership has enabled us to inspire our students, staff and community to achieve their own extraordinary.