TEAM GB FAMILY ACTIVITY TRAILS
Withernsea Trails – Signpost 5
Team GB Activity
Having quick reactions is an important skill in so many sports – just like fencing!
You may have seen this on the signpost – here are some more details on how to try this fun activity!
- Get everyone in your group to stand in a circle close to each other.
- Then on the count of three, shout “En-garde!” all together and get in your best fencing positions.
- Each person takes turns to go round the circle and the aim is to tap another person’s arm (below the elbow) to get them out.
- This can be anyone in the circle – it doesn’t have to be the person next to you.
- You can only have 1 move per go and can only take 1 step per go!
- If your hand gets hit, put it behind your back.
- Once both of your hands have been hit, you’re out!
- The last person in is the winner!
You can do this in groups of any size, as long as you have at least 2 people!
Unlock your achievement badge
Did you know, Team GB took a clean sweep of modern pentathlon gold medals in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, with Kate French winning the women’s event, and Joe Choong winning the men’s event!
Congratulations, you just earned a badge!
Share your achievement badge on social media using the hashtag #TeamGBActivityTrail
Give me more information!
Can you guess how many minutes of exercise adults and children are recommended to do per day?
Adults are recommended to do 150 minutes per week (or around 20-30 minutes per day) and children are recommended to do 60 minutes per day.
Updates and Feedback
Click the link below to keep up-to-date about the Team GB Family Activity Trails, including the launch event and future opportunities to get involved with the trails.
Already tried out the trails? Click the button below to give your feedback. All survey entries before August 31st will be entered into a prize draw to win Team GB merchandise or a family ticket to The Deep! Each time you walk the trails and complete the survey, you will get an additional entry to the prize draw.
Have any questions? Send an email to the lead researcher:
The University of Hull and Team GB Partnership
The partnership between the University of Hull and Team GB is based on the belief that everyone is extraordinary, and, we are there to support our students to help them find it, the same as Team GB supports athletes to do the same. We believe that extraordinary doesn’t just happen – it takes hard work and determination with the right opportunities to achieve what they never thought was possible.
Using the exclusive opportunities, we have as part of our partnership has enabled us to inspire our students, staff and community to achieve their own extraordinary.