TEAM GB FAMILY ACTIVITY TRAILS
Withernsea Trails – Signpost 6
Team GB Activity
Feel free to keep switching out the dance master!
You’ve probably played Chinese Whispers before, but this challenge created by some local students adds a fun twist to the game using dance moves!
One person will be the dance master, who will be creating the dance sequence.
- Everyone needs to stand in a line, one behind the other, facing away from the dance master.
- The person closest to the dance master (dancer 1) will turn around to face them.
- The dance master will then show dancer 1 the dance sequence they made up.
- Dancer 1 must try and remember the sequence and show it to the next person in line (Dancer 2).
- This will carry on down the line (Dancer 2 shows Dancer 3, then Dancer 3 shows Dancer 4) until you get to the last person.
- The final dancer will show the dance sequence to the whole group.
- The Dance Master will then reveal what sequence they made up to see if it stayed the same all the way down the line!
Who was the ultimate dance master in your group?
This activity was suggested by students from Sirius West Academy.
Unlock your achievement badge
Rowing is a great example of both an individual and team sport! Rowers can compete on their own, as pairs, or in groups of 4 or 8!
Congratulations, you just earned a badge!
Share your achievement badge on social media using the hashtag #TeamGBActivityTrail
Give me more information!
Look after your health!
Looking after your mental health is just as important as looking after your physical health!
If you’re looking for more self-help guidance, check out the NHS ‘Every Mind Matters’ page for advice and support,
Updates and Feedback
Click the link below to keep up-to-date about the Team GB Family Activity Trails, including future opportunities to get involved with the trails.
Already tried out the trails? Click the button below to give your feedback. All survey entries will be entered into a prize draw to win Team GB merchandise! Each time you walk the trails and complete the survey, you will get an additional entry to the prize draw.
Have any questions? Send an email to the lead researcher:
The University of Hull and Team GB Partnership
The partnership between the University of Hull and Team GB is based on the belief that everyone is extraordinary, and, we are there to support our students to help them find it, the same as Team GB supports athletes to do the same. We believe that extraordinary doesn’t just happen – it takes hard work and determination with the right opportunities to achieve what they never thought was possible.
Using the exclusive opportunities, we have as part of our partnership has enabled us to inspire our students, staff and community to achieve their own extraordinary.