TEAM GB FAMILY ACTIVITY TRAILS
Withernsea Trails – Signpost 7
Team GB Activity
Don’t worry – you don’t need a boat or water for this canoe activity!
If you’ve had a go at the rowing activity on the signpost, you’ll be nicely warmed up for the canoe challenge!
Get into pairs, one behind the other, and see how many different paddles you can do in 30 seconds!
- Athletes usually use oars with one blade, and use it to push through the water one side at a time.
- Hold both arms straight out in front with you.
- The person at the front must drive both arms down to the left side, then back to the front.
- The person at the back must do the same but on their right side.
- Click the video to help you out!
- See how many of these you can do in 30 seconds (make sure you stay in sync!)
- Athletes usually use oars with two blades (one on each side), and use it to push through the water with their arms moving like a windmill.
- Hold both arms straight out in front of you.
- Drive your left elbow back and down, while moving your right elbow up.
- Then do the opposite by moving your right elbow down as your left elbow goes up.
- Keep doing this on both sides, making sure you keep synchronised with your partner, and see how many you can do in 30 seconds.
- Check out the video to help!
Use your favourite paddle technique as you walk to the next sign!
Unlock your achievement badge
Cycling at the Olympics has grown over the years. Track cycling and road cycling were included back in 1896! Since then, mountain biking, BMX racing, and BMX freestyle have been added.
Congratulations, you just earned a badge!
Share your achievement badge on social media using the hashtag #TeamGBActivityTrail
Give me more information!
Can you spot the wooden post?
You can get yourself involved in a citizen science project by slotting your phone into the top of the post and taking a picture of the coastline.
Scan the QR code on the posts or click the link to learn more of how you can help researchers measure coastal erosion!
Updates and Feedback
Click the link below to keep up-to-date about the Team GB Family Activity Trails, including the launch event and future opportunities to get involved with the trails.
Already tried out the trails? Click the button below to give your feedback. All survey entries before August 31st will be entered into a prize draw to win Team GB merchandise or a family ticket to The Deep! Each time you walk the trails and complete the survey, you will get an additional entry to the prize draw.
Have any questions? Send an email to the lead researcher:
The University of Hull and Team GB Partnership
The partnership between the University of Hull and Team GB is based on the belief that everyone is extraordinary, and, we are there to support our students to help them find it, the same as Team GB supports athletes to do the same. We believe that extraordinary doesn’t just happen – it takes hard work and determination with the right opportunities to achieve what they never thought was possible.
Using the exclusive opportunities, we have as part of our partnership has enabled us to inspire our students, staff and community to achieve their own extraordinary.